Green Card Through Investment or Investor Visa
What do we mean by Green Card?
Green Card, officially known as United States Permanent Resident Card (USCIS Form I-551), is verification or identification card and as well is a lawful proof of permanent resident status of an alien in the U.S. It attests the fact that its holder, a lawful permanent resident (LPR) has officially been provided with immigration benefits including; permission to work and reside in U.S. It is mandatory for all the United States’ lawful permanent residents to carry their physical green card itself all the times.
Green Card can be acquired through different means or ways:
- Green Card through family
- Green Card through a job
- Green Card through investment
- Green Card through Refugee or Asylee Status
- Green Card through Diversity Lottery
- Green Card through “The Registry” provisions of Immigration and Nationality Act
What is Green Card through investment or Investor Visa (EB-5)?
EB-5 or officially referred as Immigrant Investor Program was created by Congress in 1990, to restore and revive American economy through job creation and as well through capital investment by foreign investors. It also provides the investors with the freedom to choose or take any job, run any business and to live and retire anywhere in America.
What are the eligibility criteria for Investor Visa (EB-5)?
- You must invest $1000,000 or at least $ 500,000 in United States’ commercial enterprise or in Targeted Employment Area (TEA)
- You must have the plan to create 10 permanent full time jobs for the qualified United States’ workers (excluding the investors and their immediate families)
- You have an approved Form I- 526, Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur
- You are admissible to U.S.
- The money you invest must be lawfully obtained
- You must actively participate in the business either in managerial or policy forming role.
- You must invest in new commercial enterprise either by creating new original business, buying a business established after Nov. 29, 1990 or buying a business and restructure or reorganize it.
Once the foreign investor’s petition is approved, the investor and his dependents will be provided with conditional permanent residence for two years.
What are the potential benefits of EB-5 Green Card?
- You can choose to invest and live anywhere in U.S.
- Approximately after first 3 years, you are free to work for any other company or may not work at all.
- Your spouse and children under 18 automatically get Green Card as accompanying relatives.
- One investment can secure Green Card for whole of the family.
- You can take or run any business.
- Person of any nationality can apply.
- No specific language is required.
- Enjoy same privileges as U.S. citizens viz.
- Free public School Education
- Similar University fees
- Access Medicare after five years
- Citizenship after five years
What are the basic requirements or supporting evidences needed for Form I-485?
You need below mentioned supporting evidences to apply for EB-5:
- Two passport style photos
- Form G-325A, Biographic information, if you are between 14 to 79 years of age.
- Copy of photo identification issued by the government
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificates
- Copy of passport pages
- Detailed documentation for the source of funds
- Form I-94, Arrival / Departure record (if applicable)
- Certified copies of Court record (if any)
- Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination
- Applicable Fees
- The Approval notice for Form I-526 (FormI-797)
Contact Wani and Associates P.C.
Contact Wani and Associates P.C. for high quality immigration lawyer services for Investor Visa. EB-5 category is one of the most difficult and expensive categories in terms of gaining eligibility. Our diligent attorneys through their experience and intelligence will guide you through this complicated process and help you to establish your eligibility for EB-5 visa.