Hit and run accidents are not only traumatic but they also are brutal; in the sense, if you are unable to find the convicted driver, many problems begin to arise afterwards. You have to plea court for several times for even a smaller amount of compensation. That is why a personal injury attorney is necessary for and hit and run case. A personal injury attorney can help you in several ways including:
- Proving Liability of Convicted Driver: Even if the convicted driver is caught after a hit and run case, you need to prove it to the court. Moreover, you also need to prove your liability which is a highly technical process requiring good knowledge of law. The personal injury attorney will establish all legal requirements that are necessary to prove the drivers’ responsible for the accident. This becomes all the more important because both the court and insurance companies need to see liability before paying for any compensation.
- Accumulating Supporting Evidences: You need evidences to prove that you are injured in the accident Evidences are also needed to prove the extent of your injuries. Your personal injury attorney will accumulate evidences to support your facts and claims. The evidences he collects will also help to prove how injuries are affecting quality of your life.
- On Time Handling of Issues: If you were injured in the accident, there is every possibility that you might not respond to or complete the necessary footwork because of your temporary or permanent disability. Your personal injury attorney will handle all this for you, including; letters from insurance companies, responding to legal motions and filing documents with courts.
- Encountering Insurance Company Tactics: There is every possibility that you might not find the driver who is responsible for the accident. In such cases, you can get compensation only through the insurance companies. But insurers make every possible effort to make the process as much difficulty as possible. Without a competent attorney you might have to face aggressive insurance representatives, tricky tactics and complex settlements. Your attorney will protect your rights and win you fair compensation by checking insurance companies’ tactics.
- Track down all the Damages: A good attorney will appraise all the damages and ask for good monetary figure as a compensation for what you have gone through. Your personal injury attorney will get you compensation for your medical fees & devices, future treatment, pain and suffering and future income loss as well. Moreover, if you get hold of the responsible driver your personal injury attorney may also get you additional punitive damages.
- Fair Settlement: Most of the hit and run cases are tend to settle outside court, Negotiations with – liable party, its attorney and insurance companies have never been easy. They may trap you into an unfair settlement. But an experienced attorney knows all the tricks used during these negotiations and get your fair compensation that you deserve.
- Get case to Trial: If insurance companies and other parties are involved in your case, it becomes messy and complex. Then your attorney will get your case to trial, because this is the only way left out. An experienced attorney will represent you in the court and fight for your rights and fair compensations even against the mighty and largest opponents.
At Wani and Associates P.C., our personal injury lawyers are experienced in dealing with issues related with personal injury. Our acknowledged attorneys through their incessant efforts will assist you to resolve any of your personal injury related issues.